
The entire month of October...lost...never to be seen again...taken by ILEA.
From October 5th through the 30th, I was held captive at a law enforcement supervisor school. I've only been a civilian supervisor at the PD for the last 13 years and now they decide to send me to school.
Unfortunately, I had to attend with three worthless excuses for sergeants. I knew them to be lazy as officers and cringed when they were promoted. I later found out not one even passed the sergeants exam. They were promoted only after their years of service were added to their test scores. Yeah, that's who we need supervising the officers on the street.
Only one acted somewhat civil toward me during the trip. I don't know if their actions were because I'm a woman, a civilian, outrank them or a combo of all three. That's their tough sh*t. Funny thing, their supervisor (a woman) found out about their actions before they got back to work and had already planned on retribution.
There were some very good topics presented at the school. While others - not so much. The ROPES course is definitely something that I will use to get my teams to work better together. So after three tests, one research paper and a lovely case of bronchitis I was finally sprung loose. Oh and I had the highest score among the four of us! Suck that boys...
The best part of the time spent there was that the hotel had free hot breakfast every morning and also free 'cocktail hour' at the end of each day. The cocktail hour included free beer (yeah!!) and wine as well as different finger foods. The finger foods though were enough for a complete meal. Yeah, nothing like getting paid meal money and then eating for free...
RIP, October 2009.

No comments:
Post a Comment