Monday, November 2, 2009

Flirtin' and playin' pool...


The ceiling inside the Hostile Grape...overlapped pieces of wood for a very cool effect!


The Hostile Grape...a little blurry but you get the idea...



The M Casino

With a lazy start we got up, showered and were out the door to get some food around noon. We have a double date with one of KM’s friends tonight.

While KM was showering, I went downstairs and played the penny machines and lost a whole $1…lol. I came back to the room after smoking and found a wonderful gift from her: a wireless weather station. I can’t wait to set it up at home!

We left the room and possibly got the maid in trouble as her manager was asking if she was done yet. We were stepping out of the room just in time to hear the maid say, ‘all but room 59 cuz they just went back into the room.’ She looked at us just as KM said, ‘we’re leaving now’. Everyone was laughing about it and she probably wasn’t really in trouble.

I don’t know what it is about traveling, but I can never stay ‘regular’. Since I am still backed up, KM wanted me to drink some coffee and have a bran muffin. So off to Starbucks we went for a caramel Macchiato. I tried my first coffee ‘drink’ from Starbucks. That was very nasty!! KM can’t believe that I didn’t like it. We took our muffin and coffee and went to the café for breakfast. KM had an Asian salad and I had scrambled eggs, smoked ham and hash browns. After breakfast we were feeling very lethargic and decided to drive (I love holding her hand in the car) to the new M casino, very far south on the strip. It’s a new casino and was very clean. KM observed that it was more like a business hotel with a casino as it had a lot of large meeting spaces. It also had a wine cellar called the Hostile Grape. It was closed while we were there and but the doors were unlocked and we walked around looking at the different wines offered. While at the M casino we played a few hands of computer blackjack. KM won about $19, doubling her money. I won a dollar and after cashing out, while walking past a machine called the Golden Monkey, put it in and lost.

After the M casino we drove to the far north end of the strip for some souvenir shopping. After shopping we came back to the hotel and cleaned up before heading out to eat at In-N-Out Burger. I’ve never had their food and had been hearing about their burgers for awhile. The hamburger and fries are very good and hit the spot before we left to go drinking. We ate and then drove to a gay bar called Freezone on Naples Drive. We were meeting KM’s friend and her date there, although they were a little late. KM and I played several games of pool, flirting and having a great time before they arrived. Once the others arrived they played on their own pool table while KM and I continued to play. We gave KM’s friend her birthday gifts and after awhile we played a game with KM and I versus the other two. KM’s friend ran the table quite a bit, but KM and I held our own. On our last game, it came down to them only having the 8 ball left and we had three balls (solid) left plus the 8 ball. It was my turn and I was able to sink all three of our shots then missed the 8 ball. KM’s friend’s date missed the 8 ball for her turn then KM got up and she sunk the 8 ball for our win! We ended up giving our quarters to them to play and we left.

KM and I walked across the street to the Piranha club to see the piranhas, but after talking with the doorman (who just got out of the armed forces) we discovered that they had been reported to the authorities and had to remove the fish and give them to Mandalay Bay Hotel. We also walked over to another club but it seemed both were dead so we left and came back to the hotel.

Walking back upstairs we grabbed a couple of bran muffins in hopes that it would help later. Then we freshened up in the room and then back downstairs to play some video poker and talk with Melanie (our favorite bartender). Walking to the video poker bar, we passed another lounge where the band from the previous night was doing a Tina Turner tribute. She was all dressed up and shaking her skirt like Tina does. The place was packed with no place to sit so we kept walking to our favorite poker bar.

Melanie was on a break so we played and chatted and ultimately moved machines several times as they weren’t playing that well. We sat there and drank quite a bit, playing when Melanie came back on duty. She was laughing with us again and we got to talking. She asked us what we did today so we told her about everything and then about Freezone. She asked what that was when KM told her that it was a gay bar. Melanie said after 5 failed marriages she may just be interested. She said she didn’t even know how she would meet someone, maybe a bar or online? After visually checking with KM, I told her that we met online. We laughed and chatted about this till we both got hungry.

We went to get another taco from Baja Fresh, however; it was so late that they were closed. So we went upstairs to McDonalds and had McDoubles that we brought to the room and ate. We took showers before going to bed and making absolutely amazing love!

Tomorrow we have a lunch planned with KM’s friends from Pilates. So we have to be up ‘early’ as lunch is at 1130. We probably went to bed about 3am.

No comments:

Post a Comment