Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hoover Dam and back to Vegas...












Sunday August 16, 2009

My alarm went off at 9 a.m. and I took a shower. I wasn’t sure if KM was up as I until she texted me. I texted her asking her to come in there but she wouldn’t… :( It was worth a try though… ;)

KM made poached eggs for us as well as hash from the previous nights leftover veggies. Both were delicious. KM later looked at my laptop and removed the Trojan that was inflicted on it from my business trip to Dallas. We then headed out, back to Las Vegas. We took the other way back to Vegas by heading down the parkway then hooked up with Highway 93 north. This route took us toward the Hoover Dam.

We arrived at the Hoover Dam, parked and took a tour of the visitor’s center. I took a lot of photos of the dam and visitor’s center. Very pretty site! KM said that folks would jet ski in that part of the Colorado River but would do so with wetsuits as the water is very cold. On hot days like the one we visited it on, the cold water would be a welcome feeling.

We left the Dam and had lunch at the Tango Buffet Café located in the Hacienda Hotel and Casino in Boulder City, Nevada. We continued on our journey to the Hilton Hotel in Vegas.

While checking in, KM got us drinks. We decided not to upgrade for $20 a night. The room had two full-size beds which made for cozy nights. KM and I headed to our room (907-central) where KM took a shower and I headed down to meet my business contact. We went to the APCO registration where I got my bag and we walked around the vendors for a bit; we agreed to meet the following morning at 9:45.

I went back to the room and got KM then we headed downstairs to the casino. We played blackjack where I lost $20 and KM won $20. We ended up at a poker bar where we met a Deputy Chief named Tim O’Connell from Billings Montana. While laughing with him about the drugs he used to use & grow and his testifying about it in court, KM won $100 by hitting 4 deuces!!!

We drank a lot that night and after getting back to the room (relatively early), I couldn’t sleep so at about 1:30 I went downstairs to smoke. The next day when I told KM about it she was very surprised as she didn’t hear me leave or come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment